The history of Tyldesley reads like that of England in miniature; two thousand years ago, a Roman road passed through here; local men were archers at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415 – and Tyldesley’s factories, mines and mills were the pride of the north during the Industrial Revolution.
There are three well-respected Primary schools in Tyldesley, as well as a Secondary school.
For fresh air and open country, Chat Moss is just a few minutes away, and is an area of peat bog and rich agricultural land which has a long and fascinating history, offering great opportunities for exploration on foot and by bicycle. The nearby cities of Manchester and Liverpool offer limitless shopping, leisure and entertainment, and the nearby M6, as well as Manchester’s orbital motorway system put Lakeland and Yorkshire, the Lancashire coast and North Wales within easy reach.
For local services, Tyldesley town centre has a number of shops and amenities, and there is further choice of local shopping in the neighbouring towns of Leigh, Westhoughton, Hindley and Atherton; major retail outlets and leisure facilities can be found within easy reach at Wigan, Bolton and St. Helens.
Today, Tyldesley is a bustling and popular town just ten miles west of Manchester and a little over 25 miles east of Liverpool, with excellent links to both cities, thanks to the local presence of the A580 East Lancs Road – and a little further south, the east-west M62 which links Liverpool and Manchester
Fixtures and fittings of exceptional quality
Internal fixtures and fittings
Your new home is fitted with an array of quality modern fixtures and fittings all as standard.
- Contemporary style 2 panel satinwood internal doors with polished chrome door furniture
- Chrome effect switches and sockets are provided throughout
- TV sockets are standard to the lounge and master bedroom with a phone socket fitted to the lounge
- Mains powered smoke detectors fitted in the hallway and on the first floor landing
0.9m high post and rail fencing (1.8m screen fencing when plots are back to back) is provided throughout. Paved areas are in a buff riven flag. The front gardens are turfed and landscaped with trees and shrubs in accordance with our landscaping layout.
A generous selection of kitchen choices are available; from contemporary styling to a more traditional finish.
- Stainless steel splashback
- Zanussi appliances are fitted as standard and include a stainless steel double fan oven, stainless steel 4 ring gas hob, stainless steel chimney hood or island hood
- Zanussi A+ rated integrated fridge freezer
- Polished chrome ceiling downlights
Bathrooms and en-suites
Complete with classic white sanitaryware and chrome fittings, providing a quality feel around these rooms;
- Back to wall Roca sanitaryware
- Hansgrohe coolstart taps to hand basins
- Hansgrohe Thermostatic Bath/Shower wall bar mixer with shower screen (with the exception of Victoria, Charleston & Burlington house types)
- Hansgrohe Bath Filler to Victoria, Charleston & Burlington house types
- Hansgrohe Thermostatic Shower wall bar to all en-suites
- A large selection of Ceramic Tiles are available to choose from for selected wall areas, with the option of upgrades
- Chrome downlighting
- Chrome heated towel rail
Gas fired central heating and hot water is provided by a highly efficient BAXI Potterton system, by use of either a system boiler and cylinder or combination boiler (house type dependent), the warmth is radiated through your home with Myson radiators.
Warranty and Sustainability
An NHBC ten year warranty on your Rowland home will ensure that you can sleep comfortably with the knowledge that along with the high specification this home offers, it also offers a reassuringly high quality of build. In addition;
- Your new Rowland home addresses a number of sustainable principles, by improved build techniques and utilising selected quality materials, and where possible from sustainable sources, the impact on the environment and climate change has been reduced whilst increasing the performance of your home
- Water wastage has significantly been reduced by installing cisterns and showers that efficiently reduce flow rates
- Kitchen appliances such as your fridge freezer are minimum A- rated for energy efficiency and water consumption (where provided)
- Waste Management system implemented during construction to reduce waste produced and promote recycling materials where possible
Upgrade your home
Rowland offer an extensive range of extras which can accommodate any preference for individuality or for that added bit of luxury, all at competitive prices dependent upon build stage. Please ask a member of our sales team for more information.