Garstang is well served by several Primary schools; there is also a Secondary school – Garstang Community Academy, in Bowgreave itself - with nearby Lancaster, Preston and Blackpool providing an excellent choice of further education and university opportunities.
The celebrated weekly Thursday market in Garstang has its roots in the 14th century, and every year the town plays host to a popular arts festival and agricultural show, each reflecting the strong sense of community, heritage and history with which the town is blessed. It is perhaps no surprise to discover that, as well as being a ‘Britain in Bloom’ award-winner for many years, Garstang has been declared ‘the world’s first Fairtrade town’, and its bustling high street of independent shops, restaurants, cafés and pubs offers a wealth of choice for shopping, relaxation and entertainment. The town also features numerous supermarkets.
There are good local road links from Garstang to both Preston and Lancaster, where the West Coast rail line provides through services to Manchester, London and Scotland. The M55/ M6 junction just north of Preston is just over eight miles south of Garstang, for car travel to Blackpool, the Lake District, the cities of the North West and beyond. To the west, the quiet lands of the Fylde and the Lancashire coast are ideal for days out; and just a few miles to the east is the Trough of Bowland, one of England’s secret gems - a landscape of high fells and moorlands, stone-built villages and green river valleys, perfect for exploration by car, bicycle and on foot.
Fixtures and fittings of exceptional quality
Internal fixtures and fittings
Your new home is fitted with an array of quality modern fixtures and fittings all as standard.
- Contemporary style 2 panel satinwood internal doors with polished chrome door furniture
- Chrome effect switches and sockets are provided throughout
- TV sockets are standard to the lounge and master bedroom with a phone socket fitted to the lounge
- Mains powered smoke detectors fitted in the hallway and on the first floor landing
0.9m high post and rail fencing (1.8m screen fencing when plots are back to back) is provided throughout. Paved areas are in a buff riven flag. The front gardens are turfed and landscaped with trees and shrubs in accordance with our landscaping layout.
A generous selection of kitchen choices are available; from contemporary styling to a more traditional finish.
- Stainless steel splashback
- Zanussi appliances are fitted as standard and include a stainless steel double fan oven, stainless steel 4 ring gas hob, stainless steel chimney hood or island hood
- Zanussi A+ rated integrated fridge freezer
- Polished chrome ceiling downlights
Bathrooms and en-suites
Complete with classic white sanitaryware and chrome fittings, providing a quality feel around these rooms;
- Back to wall Roca sanitaryware
- Hansgrohe coolstart taps to hand basins
- Hansgrohe Thermostatic Bath/Shower wall bar mixer with shower screen (with the exception of Victoria, Charleston & Burlington house types)
- Hansgrohe Bath Filler to Victoria, Charleston & Burlington house types
- Hansgrohe Thermostatic Shower wall bar to all en-suites
- A large selection of Ceramic Tiles are available to choose from for selected wall areas, with the option of upgrades
- Chrome downlighting
- Chrome heated towel rail
Gas fired central heating and hot water is provided by a highly efficient BAXI Potterton system, by use of either a system boiler and cylinder or combination boiler (house type dependent), the warmth is radiated through your home with Myson radiators.
Warranty and Sustainability
An NHBC ten year warranty on your Rowland home will ensure that you can sleep comfortably with the knowledge that along with the high specification this home offers, it also offers a reassuringly high quality of build. In addition;
- Your new Rowland home addresses a number of sustainable principles, by improved build techniques and utilising selected quality materials, and where possible from sustainable sources, the impact on the environment and climate change has been reduced whilst increasing the performance of your home
- Water wastage has significantly been reduced by installing cisterns and showers that efficiently reduce flow rates
- Kitchen appliances such as your fridge freezer are minimum A- rated for energy efficiency and water consumption (where provided)
- Waste Management system implemented during construction to reduce waste produced and promote recycling materials where possible
Upgrade your home
Rowland offer an extensive range of extras which can accommodate any preference for individuality or for that added bit of luxury, all at competitive prices dependent upon build stage. Please ask a member of our sales team for more information.